COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
Rules & Regulations
Entering your catch
Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained below form part of the ifishcomps Australia rules. By participating in the Competition’s you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise stated the term ‘Fish’ refers to fish, squid, crabs and lobsters. Murray Cray’s the term ‘Squid’ refers to squid only, the term ‘Crab’ refers to crabs only the term ‘Lobster’ refers to lobsters only the term ‘Murray Cray’ refers to Murray Cray only.
- Competition entry is open to Australia residents only. Winners under the age of 18 must be represented by a parent or guardian for the purposes of claiming and collecting their prize.
- There is no minimum age but they need to cast the line and wind in the fish themselves. If it’s a big fish the parent can help support the weight of the rod only but the kids need to be doing most the work.
- All children under the age of 13 must have parent or Guardian supervision when using the Ifishcomps App or website and when fishing in the competition.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age or signed off by a parent or Guardian to enter Competition’s.
- Ifishcomps Pty Ltd strongly encourages catch and release, this is not a catch and release only tournament since there is no way of us knowing whether the fish was returned to the water. Therefore, fish the way you prefer, but when competing please consider releasing as many as you can. Ifishcomps congratulates those who practice catch and release when competing in our competition’s.
- Acceptance of a person as an Entrant is at the absolute discretion of Ifishcomps Pty Ltd reserves the right to expel, suspend for a specific period or refuse an Entrant to the compete in any competition whose conduct is or may, in Ifishcomps Pty Ltd reasonable opinion, be injurious to the character of the competition’s or which amounts to a breach of the competition rules or Ifishcomps App to where such expulsion is otherwise in the interests of the other competitors. Any competition’s entrants so expelled will forthwith cease to be competitors and will not be entitled to any refund for any period during which their entry is canceled.
- Ifishcomps Pty Ltd reserves the right to vary and revoke the competition rules and website terms and conditions as it sees necessary or desirable for the regulation of the competition’s and the service of its competitors. Any such changes will be notified to competitors and, until revoked, are and will be binding for competition entrants.
- Fish are judged on fork length, not weight. Upgrades must be at least 1cm longer than the current leader. In the event of a tie, the fish entered first wins.
- You may enter as many times as you like. You may not enter the same fish more than once.
- For the major national competition’s . Competitors can submit fish caught from anywhere in Australian waters. For major state tournaments anglers must submit fish in the respective state of where it was caught geographically.
- Photos must be taken at the time and place of capture and fish must be alive in both entry photos. Entries of fish that are dead or heavily covered in blood will be disqualified.
- Fish must be caught by the person entering the photo. Entering a fish caught by someone else is cheating. Participants caught cheating in any matter will be disqualified and banned from the site without refund and any outstanding prizes will not be awarded.
- Fish must be caught in Australian publicly accessible waters (excludes fish farms, private dams, etc) from land or boat by hand-held rod and line only.
- Crabs may be caught using traps/pots and lobsters may be caught using pots or by diving.
- Fish caught in fish farms, hatchery waters, aquaculture pens, “Fish & Pay” lakes or private ponds/dams may not be entered. Entries of fish caught from these waters will be disqualified.
- Fish caught from a commercial fishing vessel or while commercial fishing or are not accepted and will be disqualified.
- Fish caught by competition entrants who are paying customers aboard fishing charters are accepted. Fishing charter owners or staff may not compete when at work.
- Fish showing signs of stretching, mutilation or improper handling will be disqualified.
- Anglers / competitors must abide by current fisheries rules and regulations. If a fish is caught during a closed season for that particular species, or if the entry does not abide by fisheries rules for any other reason the fish cannot be entered.
- Fish that exceed relevant state maximum size limits can be entered under the provision that the fish is immediately returned to the water in a healthy state once photographs are taken.
- The results aren’t final until we verify all winning entries, 48hrs after the competition ends. Regardless of whether there is a larger fish than yours on the leaderboard you should still enter your catch in case there is a disqualification. Members may request to see the brag mat pics of any entry up until 24hrs after the competition has ended.
- You must have the Ifishcomps App . Post your catch into the GALLERY of the current Competition. Or if difficult with service send to mobile number 0401 063 162. Alternatively send to email, email@example.com.
- Enter your fish’s length using rounding down to the nearest 1.0cm. For example, if your fish measures 50.9cm then enter your fish as 50.0.
- Upload Photo 1 – Fish On Brag Mat with your length .
- Upload Photo 2 – You Holding Fish .
- Check that all details are correct then post catch.
- View the Gallery to confirm it has loaded .
- All entries must be submitted prior to midnight of the competition end date.
- In some instances participants may be required to validate their entry by providing additional information to Ifishcomps Pty Ltd. Failure to provide information within 48 hours will result in disqualification of the entry.
Conditions of Entry
- As a condition of entering and participating in our tournaments you agree to the competition terms and conditions of the competition.
- Fishing is a dangerous sport and at no time should you put yourself at risk. No fish or prize is worth risking your life.
- All contestants release from, and indemnify Ifishcomps against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competitions including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. Furthermore, as condition of competition entry Ifishcomps accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from participation in any of our competitions.
- Ifishcomps reserves the right to amend the rules, terms and conditions of their tournaments at any time, or to suspend this or any competition, as it sees fit. Ifishcomps may also create rules that apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended or specific competition rules on the relevant competition in the Ifishcomps App or page(s) of our website.
- Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. Your entry indicates and attests to this. Ifishcomps decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. Ifishcomps reserves the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.
Ifishcomps Pty Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that does not comply with any of the above, even after their entry is submitted.
- These online fishing competition’s are being run by Ifishcomps Pty Ltd Australia P.O. Box 122 Young NSW.
- Upon completion of the competition Ifishcomps will validate all winning entries/photographs within 24 hours. After this time results are final.
- Prizes are not exchangeable.
- Any lost or unclaimed prizes that are brought to our attention greater than 6 months since your win, will not be awarded. If brought to our attention within 6 months win we will endeavour to track down your prize or re-issue you a new one. This particularly applies to vouchers – it is your responsibility to use them or save them in a secure place. We recommend you use them asap. If you lose your entry receipt after 6 months our sponsors may not be able to re-issue a new one.
- Winners are required to provide Ifishcomps with their postal details within 30 days of the end of tournament. Failure to do so within 30 days will result in relinquishment of their prize.
Ifishcomps will endeavour to post prizes within seven days (7 days) of the date on which the competition ends.
- Cash prizes will be wired to winners by bank transfer. Cash prize winners are required to inform Ifishcomps of their chosen bank details after being notified of their win. Failure to do so within 30 days will result in relinquishment of said cash prize.
- If you suspect foul play you may request a revision of the results within 12 hours after the end of the competition.